You can easily import a large amount of menu items from a text editor using the Bulk Entry tool.
Step One: Prepare Your Content
- Open the Bulk Import Template attached below.
- Replace template text with your menu items.
- Line One: Title
- Line Two: Description
- Line Three: Price
Enter a dollar amount (Ex: ‘7.99’) without the $ sign. The $ sign will automatically be added to the dollar amount after the build. If there is text on the price line (Ex: ‘2 for $5.00’), remember to add the $ sign.
- Repeat as necessary until all menu items are added.
- Verify that each individual menu item is on its own line. Do not skip spaces in between items.
- Save your file.
Step Two: Import Content
- Click on Menus in the left-hand navigation bar in the Merchant Admin.
- Click on the menu set.
- Click Bulk Entry.
- Select the appropriate menu section from the Section dropdown box.
- Copy and paste (Ctrl + "C" and Ctrl + "V") your content from the file saved in Step One into the Data field.
- Click Preview.
- Verify each menu item name, description and price.
- Click Go Back to Data if you need to edit anything. Or click Insert to import the content.
- Remember to complete a Build.