Menu Set, Menu Set Tabs and Menu Sections. What are they? What's the difference?
- A "menu set" is the foundation for creating your menu. It's the first step.
- If you have more than one location, with different menus for each location, it can be helpful to create a menu set for each location. Then, you can assign each menu set to the appropriate location.
Menu Set "Tabs"
- You have the option of creating tabs within a menu set.
- Tabs run across the top of the menu set.
- Each tab can contain "menu sections".
- Each menu set tab contains sections (i.e. appetizers, salads, entrées, etc.).
- Individual menu items are added to the sections.
- You might have a menu set for your Woodbridge location.
- The Woodbridge menu set might have tabs for the main menu and dessert menu. The main menu might have a section for appetizers and entrées.
- Finally, your appetizer section would list each appetizer and your entrée section would list each entrée -- so on and so forth.